Medway Green is a school for children aged between 5 and 14 who have a range of special educational needs.
Located in the village of Wouldham in Kent, our site has recently benefited from significant development, with our traditional Victorian school house and modern classroom block having been refurbished to the highest specifications.
Everything about our school – from the high quality design of our environment to the professionalism and passion of our team – is about putting the needs of our students first and giving them the very best start in life.
By tailoring our curriculum to the requirements of each child and taking a creative approach to learning, we aim to nurture our students, always treating them as individuals with needs of their own.
We understand that their lives can sometimes seem to be full of obstacles, but with our support and professional insight, we believe they all have a rewarding journey ahead.
School Ethos & Values
Medway Green School aims to meet the social, emotional and educational needs of our pupils and aspire to provide opportunities that are needed to develop their full potential. We ensure that we develop children’s spiritual, moral, social and cultural understanding. We promote the fundamental British values of Democracy, Rule of Law, Individual Liberty and Mutual Respect and Tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs.
We are a ‘Rights Respecting School’ where our children are nurtured and helped to interact with others, displaying the qualities outlined above.
To create a safe, inclusive and nurturing environment where the curriculum is creative, inspirational and relevant to the children’s present needs and future aspirations.
We believe that every child is unique:
- Understand that everyone has the opportunity to excel and flourish in their learning
- Nurture through respect, honesty and tolerance in a safe and challenging educational environment
- Involve children, parents, teachers, governors and the community to ensure that everyone is working in partnership
- Quality teaching to help all children achieve their potential
- Utilise skills to promote independence and resilience that will secure a positive future for our children
- Embrace the principle that every child matters.