Speech and Language Therapist
Job Title: Speech and Language Therapist
Location: Medway Green School
Salary: £25,000 – £45,000 per annum, dependent on experience
Hours: 37.5 per week
Contract: Permanent, term time only 44.6wks
We understand the value of helping our employees to achieve their Continued Professional Development goals, and offer a £2,000 training allowance to allow you to complete role specific training tailored to your individual requirements.
About the role:
We are looking for a Speech and Language Therapist to join our in-house Clinical Team, covering education in Kent. Working collaboratively with the sites, you will deliver bespoke assessment and intervention plans for our children and young people with developmental trauma, autism, ADHD, complex and SEMH needs.
You will be joining The Affinity Hub, a well-established and knowledgeable Clinical Team that caters to several schools and care agencies within the Kent area, however you will be allocated on a full-time basis as a speech and language therapist at Medway Green School. You will hold a speech and language therapy caseload, contribute to staff training, complete clinical consultations and support reflective practice. Both a challenging and rewarding role, this position would suit a resilient and enthusiastic individual, with a therapeutic approach and the ability to make decisions, as well as manage their own workload.
Our well-established Clinical Team, maintain a nurturing and loving environment where our children can flourish. Always putting our children and young people at the forefront of everything they do. All our settings maintain a strong safeguarding culture, and our children and young people are heard, respected and involved in decisions that affect them wherever possible.
When it comes to looking after our children, we strive for excellence, which is why we are the leading children services provider in the UK. With this in mind, we are looking for a Speech and Language Therapist who shares our vision; to build incredible futures by empowering vulnerable young people in the UK to be happy and to make their way in the world.
Location: Medway Green School in Wouldham, Rochester
Education at Medway Green begins with a belief in the importance of building trust between individual students and the wider school community. It is a school for children aged between 5 and 14 who have a range of special educational needs.
For more information please visit: https://www.medwaygreenschool.co.uk/education/
About the Group:
Outcomes First Group is the largest independent provider of high-quality foster care and special needs education and care. We are a vital part of local communities in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland with a renowned reputation for quality and positive outcomes for the people we educate and care for.
We are really proud to say that in October 2021, Outcomes First Group were officially certified as a ‘Great Place to Work’ for the third year running.
Our divisional brands include Acorn Education and Care, National Fostering Group and Options Autism.
For more information on the group please visit: https://www.outcomesfirstgroup.co.uk/
- Recognised Speech & Language Therapy degree
- Valid and up to date HCPC Registration
- Registered member of RCSLT
- Previous experience of paid or voluntary work within a trauma or complex needs setting
- Clear and concise report writing relating to clinical and research activities
- Hold a full UK driving licence, with access to a car
- Experience within the specialist client group. (complex communication issues relating to autism, including language disorder, dyspraxia, sensory impairment, learning disabilities/difficulties and associated challenging behaviour)
- Experience of multi-professional work with teams or services within the designated speciality preferred. Newly qualified candidates will be considered.
- Ability to work independently
What’s in it for you?
We offer a friendly and inclusive working environment where our people are heard, respected and hugely valued. We want our employees to come to work with energy, determination and most importantly we want them to be happy in their work. We are well aware that it is our highly skilled teams that make Outcomes First Group the success it is, and we want this to continue. This is why we provide a range of benefits designed to support you, not just in your work life but also on a personal level too. We want you to be the best you can be, and offer genuine opportunities for career development and progression.
- An unrivalled core induction and local induction
- £2,000 training allowance
- An extra day’s holiday for a special day of your choice (birthday, child’s first day at school etc.)
- Professional support network
- Contributory Pension
- Employee Rewards Hub – access to discounts, offers and cashback with 100s of retailers
- Career pathways and a dedicated learning and development team
- The Hub – employee discounts, recognition cards, well-being centre
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Salary Finance
For further information on this role please refer the Job Description and Person Specification attached. To discuss this role in more detail, please contact: Andrew.Ainsworth@ofgl.uk
At Outcomes First Group we are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be subject to a fully Enhanced DBS.
Job ID: 174763