KS3/4 Maths Teacher
At OFG, we work smarter so you can spend more time doing what makes you happy!
How would you like to be paid for five days but only work four*?
Our colleagues’ wellbeing is at the heart of everything we do at OFG, so we’re always looking for new ways to improve everyone’s work/life balance. We’re taking part in a trial of the 4-Day Working Week, meaning that you could be working one day less a week (or equivalent).
If the trial is a success, we’ll be rolling the 4DWW out across the Group – so there’s never been a more exciting time to join #teamOFG!
Job Title: Maths Teacher KS3/KS4
Location: Medway Green School, Wouldham, Rochester, Kent
Salary: £44,100 per annum
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, Monday – Friday 8.30am – 4.00pm
Contract: Permanent; Term Time Only
We now have a fantastic opportunity for an outstanding Maths Teacher with to join Medway Green School. If you are looking to join a growing, motivated and highly dedicated team in a challenging and rewarding environment, where wellbeing and therapeutic intervention are key components of the curriculum, we would love to hear from you!
Purpose of Job
- To secure high quality teaching, effective use of resources and improve standards of learning and achievement for all pupils in consultation with the Assistant Headteacher for curriculum and learning.
- To teach a range of skills and techniques as necessary to ensure the effective delivery of the school’s Maths curriculum.
- Support the development of the maths provision within Medway Green within KS3 and KS4, that has a whole school impact on the whole school, including younger year groups.
Specific Roles and Responsibilities
- To play a key role in the development of Maths provision at Medway Green School.
- To work with all stakeholders to ensure successful inclusion of students with SEMH and associated needs into the school.
- To engage in Continuous Professional Development to implement and develop appropriate learning styles, teaching approaches, behaviour management and positive reinforcement.
- To work with the school therapy team to implement and deliver a seamless multi-disciplinary provision for young people with SEN.
- Work as a team member and identify opportunities for working with colleagues and sharing the development of effective practice with them.
- To provide high quality support Maths education within the school.
- Demonstrated excellence in a variety mathematical strategy, enabling effective differentiation in the classroom.
- Shape the Maths curriculum and exam type to best suit the needs of groups of students.
- Plan and deliver work in accordance with national curriculum programmes of study.
About the school
Medway Green School is a special needs provision that provides for students whose SEMH/SEN needs have resulted in placement breakdown at their mainstream schools. We provide a nurturing and welcoming environment to SEMH students in Key stages 1-3. Students will experience a personalised curriculum based on previous learning and identified needs. With a keen focus on therapy, education and personal development the school aims to help young pupils grow academically, socially and emotionally to enable them to achieve success as they progress through life.
Opened in 2019, Medway Green School presently provides education to 48 students. The next phase of our growth will grow our role to 67 students and introduce a KS4 curriculum.
This opportunity is within commutable distance of Rochester, Maidstone and surrounding areas, with excellent access to the M2 and M20 motorways.
Why join Acorn Education & Care?
Your health and wellbeing are important to us, so you’ll get an exceptional reward package including:
- Life Assurance
- Pension scheme with options to increase your contributions
- “Your Wellbeing Matters” – access to a wide range of first-class mental health support services and physical health checks
And a market-leading benefit offering through our Flexible Benefits Platform, Vista, enables you to choose the package that’s right for you, including:
- A wide range of health, wellbeing, and insurance benefits
- 100’s of discount options valid in the UK and abroad
- Cycle to Work Schemes
- Electric Car Purchase Scheme
- Critical illness cover
And that’s not all, we place the outcomes of the pupils and vulnerable young adults in our services at the heart of everything we do, so you’ll wake every day in the knowledge that your role will have a significant positive impact on the lives of others.
We are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils and young people. All applicants will be subject to social media checks and successful applicants to a fully enhanced DBS.
*You’ll work 80% of your contractual hours for 100% of your pay, giving you more time to do the things that make you happy.